I haven’t been my writing self lately… because life, because the universe; yet, the very sweet DeeGlamour (whom it took me about seven episodes of a post to convince how quite-awesome-a-writer that I am) still thought I was deserving of the Sunshine blogger award. How delightful is that? Thank you Dee. This came as a surprise, and makes for a perfect reason to come out of hiding. Thank you.
The Sunshine award is given to bloggers who are seen as inspiring and creative, and accepting it comes with the following rules:
- Thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer
- Notify your nominees; and
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
ANSWERS TO DEE’S QUESTIONS
- Why did you start up your blog?
I wanted to challenge myself, write better, push the limits, reach a wider and more diverse audience… beyond the facebook community. And I did!
- What keeps you pushing and inspires you to publish a post?
The thought that my burning thoughts may just be the answer to someone’s question, the reason for someone’s smile, or the very story someone’s been dying to tell.
- Do you blog as a hobby or because you intend to make it a vocation where you can earn?
- When did you realize that you needed to start blogging? And if you could write a book about yourself, what would the title be?
Sometime in 2012. There was this urgent need to take my posts off Facebook to a more organized and personal platform. Hm, a book? Let’s see… Indigo, maybe.
- What informed your decision to name your blog the way it is?
I see my blog as a diary… some place I can ramble and muse without fear of judgement or the need for structure and form.
- Are there times you said you were going to stop blogging? If yes, why did you feel that way and how did you overcome the temptation?
Hell yes! A lot of times. It has been a mix of feeling I have little or nothing to offer the writing and reading population, negative feedback, and sheer loss of words. But for the kind words and gentle nudges of people who have at some point believed in me (and those that still do), who make me feel like my writings can be a rainbow in someone’s dark clouds, I would have been long gone off this space.
- What is your biggest achievement since you started blogging?
My writing is so much better because of this space… so thank you WordPress; thank you fellow writers and bloggers; thank you readers. Your love, followership and trust have been my greatest achievement so far! Thank you.
- How do you feel when you put up a post and nobody drops a comment or two? Do you look out for comments or you just post?
I used to always look out for comments. I mean, there is just this feel to knowing you have touched someone strongly enough to make them do more than just “pass by” or “glance over/at” your post or page. But as age added on age, and experience mingled with fate, I began to believe a little better in my posts, and understand that the presence of comments or lack thereof on my posts do not and should never dictate how I feel about such posts, and more should never diminish the worth of my work in my own eyes. My work is largely, what I say that it is. And however bad or good it may actually be, there must be an audience for it; a soul to be saved, a heart to be touched, a day to be made, a passion to be kindled. So when the comments come, I am awed and tremendously grateful. When they don’t, I keep pushing the limits. The goal is to get better and then go on and get even better.
- Are you happy with your blog? If yes, do you intend to publish some parts of your blog posts for sale, maybe?
Absolutely delighted about my blog! Its look, feel and most of its contents. So, errm, well… maybe. Who knows what the future will bring? 🙂
- What do you intend to do with your blog in two years time?
Err, time will definitely tell on this one! Hehe
- Finally, are you a foodie like me? If yes, do you even have a favorite food?
Errm, no, sorry. :p Lol!
MY NOMINEES ARE:
I am fast running out of questions, but here are a few things I am still mighty curious about my darling friend:
- What has writing taught you?
- How would you describe your writing genre?
- Favorite quote and by whom?
- If you could describe yourself in two words, what would you be?
- What endears a person to you? I basically just need some hacks on how to be your favorite crush? Humour me, please. Hehe
- If you were a color in a crayon box, which will you be, and why?
Thank you once again Dee. This means a lot– the acknowledgement of my shy and almost-insecure whisperings. I appreciate you.
© The Short Black Girl, 2017.