It’s a Friday morning today. A melancholic one, too– but we’ll be fine! Amen. Here’s a post in response to the Liebster blogger award that the graceful Atim Mercy nominated me for. Looking at the exclusivity of the award (as in how people nominated should only be those with 200 or less followers), I had to get Google to the rescue to know if I still had some other ground on which to claim and pass this award on. So based on my research, “Liebster” means dearest or beloved. And as such, it’s such a pleasure to be a recipient of this award, and also have the privilege to share same. For me, beyond answering questions and letting readers know more about me, this award means we acknowledge and appreciate ourselves as a writing community– and that really is all that matters.
At this juncture, i’d like to appreciate Atim for the nomination, and crave her indulgence– for I am so about to break some rules. 😀
Now, the rules of the award are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display your award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think are deserving of the award.
5. Let the blogs know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
1. What has blogging taught you?: Blogging has taught me that everyone has an audience. Regardless of what you do, or how you do it, or when and why– there’s someone watching, looking out for you. So do your best, and keep at it.
2. Have you achieved any of your blogging goals? If yes, which ones?: Yes– inspiring people however possible.
3. What’s your favourite quote and by whom?: “I have decided to stick to love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”- Martin Luther King Jnr.
4. What’s your favourite TV show?: The Wendy Williams Show.
5. Who’s your favourite author and why?: I have many favourites- Sidney Sheldon, E L James, Nora Roberts– they write very interesting page turners.
6. What’s your favourite book?: Favourite book, as in favourite kind? Well, I love romance novels. Strictly romance, please. Trying to explore other genres though– like intrigue, crime and stuff 😀
7. If you had three things to do before you die, what would they be?: Errm… that’s something. I’ll muse on that a while.
8. If you had one outfit to wear for the rest of your life, what would it be?: Being mercurial, I wouldn’t know. But today I feel like a knee- length dress and some fine gladiators, with my head scarf of course. Hehe.
9. What is your favourite music band?: For now, it’s theory of a deadman! Thanks to @wolfgericardo. It’s my new addiction.
10. Cats or Dogs?: None.
11. Movies or Series?: Movies please!!!
11 Random facts about Me:
1. I am a shy talkative.
2. I am Mercurial.
3. I am a Sanguine Melancholic.
4. I love colour black.
5. I love to sing and dance in my head.
6. I love to sniff during phone calls. Haha! Bad habit, I know. I know.
7. I am an art junkie.
8. I love straightforward people.
9. When I say something, I almost always mean it.
10. I love love.
11. I am actually a Short Black Girl.
The eleven blogs ‘ve listed below are not nominations per se; they are blogs I read from ever so often, enjoy and appreciate. And for this reason, I thought it necessary to share, so that those of us that are yet to check them out will do so, and tap into some light as well! There are a host of amazing writers out there everywhere, these are just a few that I know– and just so I don’t break any more rules than I already have, i’ll stop at eleven. You can beep for more! 🙂
11 Questions? Please allow me do 5.
1. How would you describe your kind of writing?
2. If you had to describe yourself in one word, just one word. What word would that be?
3. Music or Movies?
4. What’s your favourite thing to cook?
5. WhIch do you prefer- spirituality or religiousness?
And there goes that! Phew! Thank you. ❤
© The Short Black Girl, 2015.