It’s a happy Friday today. Sure we’re all doing great?
So I was nominated for the Liebster award by the very darling HrH7, and I must do what’s gotta be done to claim my award. But first of all (did I hear you say ‘go down low?’ Hehe.), lemme take this time out to thank the sweetie for thinking so highly of me, my blog and what I do on here. God bless ya real good.
The rules for collection of the award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who are newbies, or who have less than 200 followers (you’ll please permit me to nominate the ones I know, of which ‘m certain they have more than 200 followers sef bhet their blogs mean so much to me. Forgive me for breaking the rules.)
4. Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know you nominated them once
you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
6. Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
So she asked me some questions, and I answered thus- (in between, answering the questions were so much fun. Brought the first real smile ‘pon my face in about a week or so):
1. When did you start blogging?
Ans: 13th of March, 2012.
2. If you could choose a superpower, which would it be and why?
Ans: Seeing through people’s minds so there’ll be no bullshit or lies.
3. What’s your favourite song and why?
Ans: Favourite song? Whoa, that’s huge. Too many favourites. I’ll rather choose a favourite genre- blues. But if you insist on song, for now, I’ll say ‘stay with me’ by Sam Smith. Why? I don’t know mhan. But the guy is awesome, and the song speaks for me sorta.
4. What’s your favourite book?
Ans: Book? For now, fifty shades of grey. Absolutely!
5. What is your favourite movie?
Ans: Errm… Lemme say, for coloured girls? It’s one of my best.
6. If you could time travel, which era would you travel to?
Ans: Errm era? I don’t know mhan… Lemme do year. 2013. Awesome year!
7. Who’s your favourite singer?
Ans: Ah. That’ll be Asa. One of the many.
8. What’s your favourite thing to cook?
Ans: Cook. Errm… Egusi soup. I cook it at the back of mind almost everytime.
9. If you could tell your president anything, what would you tell him/her?
Ans: President Ebele? I’ll say ‘Dear President, I know uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, and truly you may be putting in all so much effort that we the masses fail to see, but you have to understand us too. We are not saying you put the problems we are facing as a country today there, we are only saying they are there now, and the best you can do to justify yourself is strive to minimise the mishaps that turn up during your tenure. Pray, consult, work, dare, just do what you must and alleviate our troubles! Only then can we truly believe in you!’
10. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Ans: How people treat love. I’d rather it remained sacred as it used to be, so that we stop doubting our hearts when someone we feel it for says he/she feels same way.
11. What’s your dream job/career?
Ans: Being a mind- blowing artist, blogger and writer.
And from my end, the nominees are:
1. Who inspired your blogging?
2. What inspires your writing?
3. If you were asked to choose a song for a loved one (boyfriend, fiance(e), hubby(wife), et al), which one would you choose to pour out your emotions most aptly?
4. What is your take about love?
5. Which one describes you most? Dance or read?
6. Do you have that one embarrassing moment that makes you laugh when you think back now? Share if you will. 🙂
7. What is your favourite book?
8. What’s your dream travel destination?
9. What is that one act of yours that brings you the greatest joy and fulfilment?
10. What is the first thing that’d likely attract you to a potential friend?
11. What do you think about the blogger that nominated you?
© The Short Black Girl, 2014.